Guidelines for Developing Signature Assignments
Ashley Finley, Senior Director of Assessment and Research at AAC&U, suggests thinking about these things as you develop signature assignments:
- Assignment should enable attainment of criteria
- Break down criteria to determine key components for assignment
- What should students do with content to meet criteria?
- e.g. what are the pieces to be analyzed, compared, integrated?
- Will the assignment be used for more than one outcome?
- What are the types of assignments that will be most helpful for allowing students to demonstrate competency?
Signature Assignments at Chattanooga State!
Find out more about using signature assignments on our campus! Dr. Amanda Hyberger has created a free faculty goal, and will soon have sample assignments and reflection prompts.