The Clifton StrengthsFinder is an online assessment that identifies people's strengths within four general domains: Relating (working with people), Impacting (influencing people), Striving (working harder), and Thinking (working smarter). The premise of the assessment is that people work best when they follow their strengths.
Several years ago, I participated in Chattanooga State's involvement with Gallup to identify each of our strengths. I took the online assessment identifying my top five strengths. All of my strengths are in a single domain: Thinking. In reviewing my work on campus, it became clear that, in all my endeavors, I have been following my strengths.
Below is the list of my strengths, ranked in descending order:
- Strategic - accessing complex situations and quickly identifying relevant data or best alternatives
- Learner - learning and acquiring understanding
- Input - collecting and archiving of information
- Context - thinking about the past and its continued impact on the present
- Intellection - introspection, constantly thinking