Tennessee Chamber Chorus is a choral group founded in Cleveland, Tennessee 6 years ago which was recently passed on to Dr. Alan Stevens. His statement to us was that travelling choral groups are becoming a strong trend in our society that to keep the group fresh he wanted to add new elements to it. Being the choral director of choirs at ETSU, he thought students deserved a chance to see how the real world of music works and just how competitive it can be. Thus, came the internship program that launched off in December 2017. We, as a group of professional and collegiate singers, performed two concerts with the Chattanooga's Boy Choir to attract a new kind of audience to our group; one in Chattanooga at First Christian Church (December 15th) and one in Knoxville at Church Street United Methodist (December 16th). Before December 12th, I knew none of the people I met that week except my respective voice instructor from the first part of my undergrad (Caitlin Moore). That being said, we had about four days to prepare music ... and I had sung second soprano about once in my life, but after getting to know everyone after one or two dinners together I found comfort and confidence in singing with a large group of professional singers and other college students who were just as determined to do well. However, it took me the entire week to learn to blend with such a large group. I recall a time where Dr. Stevens told me not to worry so much about the Eb in O Nata Lux when all sopranos are singing. I had to figure out how to just let it float and not try and take full control in the choral situation. That being said, I'm often used to being the strongest voice in a smaller group... which made the experience all that much more amazing. All sections knew their part and were ready to be put to work. At the end of the week, Dr. Alan Stevens said that was the key to working successfully in this field was walking in and knowing what you are doing. I am really beyond happy that I got to participate in this internship and hope they continue to do it in the future. To learn more about TCC, here is there Facebook page: