Evidence of Learning

Published on Jun 21, 2017 at 04:36 PM UTC

Learning Outcome: Work Ethic

Reflection:

Teamwork, I have realized, is a large part of my major. In choral groups, working together as team is important to obtain a harmonious, cohesive unit. If any of the sections are lacking, the whole team would fall apart. Throughout my first two years of college, I have truly learned the value and importance of every section working hard. The sopranos can not perform louder to make up for the basses because a blend has to be achieved, so lets say there is 11 sopranos to 4 basses in a choir, the sopranos as a section would have to achieve a softer blend to not overpower the bass line. As a soprano, I found that to be a struggle for me for my first few semesters of college choir since I tend to get louder the higher up in my register I get. My last semester of choir may have been our toughest but it taught me a lot about blending and respecting my other sections as a team. 

Evidence of Learning

Published on Jul 21, 2016 at 05:37 PM UTC

Learning Outcome: Work Ethic

Reflection:

Since I started working in the ePortfolio lab at the beginning of the year, I have learned a lot about working with a team and being a team leader. My position entails working alongside eleven other Peer Mentors to guide students through their Orientation, College Success course, and ePortfolio adoption. I have had to adapt to working with a team of people and communicating effectively with them.