Evidence of Learning

Published on Oct 11, 2015 at 08:35 PM UTC

Learning Outcome: Competence in a Specialty

Reflection:

I found Type Focus interesting because my personality results reflected who I feel I am a person (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging) and it also appointed to a career in teaching, especially in fine arts subjects. That was reassuring to me because I have chosen to hopefully teach music one day as a career. I feel more confident knowing my career path matches my personality and inner values.

Another aspect of Type Focus that I found interesting was during a Type Focus workshop I attended, I was asked to pick three interests from a list of about maybe ten or so, and then I was told to look at my interest results. My results were exactly what I had picked: Artistic, Social, Investigative. I find that these interest traits go along very well with my INFJ personality and my career choice. 

The same occurence happened when I was asked to pick three values and the results were identical. I value independence, support, and relationships. Which I find means that I am an independent worker and like to rely on myself to get tasks done, but I still enjoy relationships and the support of others. 

Type Focus has helped me see aspects of myself more clearly. I've realized that even though I'm an introvert and a fairly independent person, that doesn't mean I'm not capable of being social or having deep relationships. My introversion has always been a concern of mine. I would think, "As an introvert, am I capable of being a good musician and a teacher?" Now I can see clearly how my personality, interests, and values all tie together.

My TypeFocus results came out telling me that my personality type is good for teaching, specifically in a particular subject -- such as music. I find that I really like spending time teaching kids and I am interested in being an elementary school teacher when I graduate with a Bachelor's degree.

TypeFocus