Since I've been working in the ePortfolio lab at Chattanooga State, I have served as a Peer Mentor/ Teaching Assistant for College Success classes and I assist in showing them how to use the ePortfolio and have even guided them through a Work Ethic writing assignment in their portfolios. 

By working this job, I have learned a lot about what it takes to get up in front of a group and speak to them and teach them how to do a particular activity. We do three sessions of portfolio between 7 classes. That has given me practice planning class lessons and talking to a wide variety. I've seen a lot on how different types of people in different sections of the College Success react differently to certain activities. Such as, my College Success for Fine Arts section only wrote two to three sentences in their Work Ethic reflections, except for a few people. While in one of my College Success for Social Behavior sections, most students wrote 10 sentence paragraphs except for a select few. They were also more willing to personalize their portfolios. 

I also think being a teaching assistant has made me a more attentive student. After struggling to get some students to pay attention while I'm talking, because they're either playing on their phone or they don't have any respect for me as a teaching aid, I've decided that all of my lecture classes deserve my full attention, even if they're explaining something I already know.