Below is an opportunity to join a cross-divisional goal to support the QEP by developing a signature assignment for students within ePortfolio. 

Your signature assignment should include a work-ethic reflection, a reflection on any other ISLO (Written Communication is checked below as a demonstration only), and a sample of student work. 

Please view the webinar video with Dr. David Hubert of Salt Lake Communtiy College, Salt Lake City, UT on 8/14/2014 to learn more about developing signature assignments.

Faculty Goals

AY: 1516
Faculty Member Name: Any faculty who wants to share this goal
Division:
Faculty Goal#:
ISLO:
  • Written Communication
  • Work Ethic
Division Goal: You can link here to a divisional goal
Faculty Goal Statement: To create and implement a signature assignment within ePortfolio as part of a cross-divisional team of faculty to support the QEP, Work-Ethic First Initiative and ePortfolio development.

Department/Program Student Learning Outcomes addressed in this goal (when applicable)
This goal could also meet another program learning outcome, while including a work-ethic reflection.

Course Student Learning Outcome addressed in this goal (when applicable)
This goal could also meet another course learning outcome, while including a work-ethic reflection.

What resources or support, if any, do you need from the division/college to complete this goal?

Strategies the faculty member will use to achieve this goal (If this is a multi-year goal, indicate the year in which each strategy will be executed)
You could make this a multi-year goal, if you wanted to expand to include another course or coordinate with other faculty in your area or even a cross-divisional team of faculty.

What qualitative or quantitative evidence will be used to demonstrate the outcome of this goal? How and when will the evidence be collected?
Both Qualitative and Quantitative evidence will be used to demonstrate the outcome of this goal

• I will track the impact of my signature assignment by comparing the success of this group of students with either student results from a previous semester or a control group concurrent course section. I will include this data as well as the assignment details within this customized goal form in Digication.
  • In January 2015, a qualitative study of the student work-ethic reflections within this cross-divisional project will be conducted by the Institutional Effectiveness Department. Group results will be provided back to me for inclusion in my faculty portfolio.

Upon completion of goal (must be included in final version of portfolio): State outcome(s)

• At the beginning of the Spring 2015 semester, I will share my signature assignment, results, and experiential reflection during the 2nd Annual ePortfolio Chili Fest.

How will the results of the goal be used for improvement in the future?
My results will be combined with the other signature assignment results campus-wide through this customized goal form within Digication to support QEP Impact Report for SACSCOC. The campus-wide results will be analyzed and discussed during future professional development workshops to build a campus ePortfolio resource library to support sound digital pedagogy and impact student learning.