Teamwork - I will engage in teamwork by
- Delegating and accepting responsibility, demonstrating leadership
- Adapting to change with flexibility
- Cooperating and working well with others, showing assertiveness when needed
- Showing a desire to improve, facilitating group self-evaluation of work
- Seeking and supporting consensus, and working to resolve conflict
- Celebrating successes of teammates and helping them remediate weaknesses
Below is an example by Chattanooga State student Morgan Frank that illustrates what can be done to document your effort in teamwork.
I feel that teamwork is a huge part of working in a dental office. I feel that when you work with a team of people, rather than just by yourself, you are able to showcase many talents. While being in the Dental Assisting program at Chattanooga State, I served as the social committee chair and worked with a group of girls to plan social events as well as design our class t-shirts. I participated in two fundrasing events held on campus: Oktoberfest, to raise money for our club, and a bake sale, to raise money for GMOM. I feel as though teamwork can be valuable in the classrooms and labs as well, working with classmates helping each other along. Besides working with all the girls on campus, my lab group and I went to two different schools to teach kids about their dental health. We dressed up, and made a skit to try and teach the importance of taking good care of their teeth and eating healthy! The children not only enjoyed the presentation but also learned new things about their teeth.